Thursday 20 November 2014

Guest post: ADELAIDE 2

BY Tolu Akinsola

I opened my eyes to darkness, I felt uncomfortable. Something was not right. I was on my bed alright, but I didn’t feel like it. I searched for a torch (at least, that was what I could easily reach for as NEPA had done it again).
Voilà! I got one and flipped it on. I knew it! I was still in my yesterday’s clothes. Then, I remembered I had slumped (gratefully into my bed). And none of my sisters was there. Very Mean Things.
Anyway, I was alive and it was exhaustion that did that to me. I looked at my window. Light flooded into the house. Was it daybreak? I glanced at my wall clock (with my torch, of course).
Jeez! Six o’clock am! OMG! I was to be at the Island by eight o’ clock am. And I was still lazing on my bed.


Check the time! I heard my Guide. I ignored. He must be chastising me. I thought.
I jumped out of bed and headed for the bathroom. I scrubbed quickly and dashed out. I could have been enlisted as a fireman with the speed at which I dressed up. I threw all my gadgets into my hand bag ignoring the blinks of notifications on my phone.
This is a serious matter! Yes! I glanced into the mirror and a beautiful girl stared back at me. I checked every electronic device in my room and made sure they were disconnected.
No Time! I made for the sitting room. Kitchen at this time was not an option. But strangely, the house was quiet. Too quiet. At least, Chelise should have been preparing for school and Selena for work. It was obvious that no activity had taken place that morning.
Could it be rapture? A strange feeling crept up to my heart. Then I remembered that I had not done my morning devotion. No! It can’t be! There would have been noise and my sisters can’t have gone.
No offense! But I was still praying to God to touch their hearts even as I talk to them about salvation. GENUINE SALVATION. Not like I was judging them, but I knew better. Everywhere was oddly quiet.
Check the time! I got a prompting from my Guide. I searched my bag for my phone this time. I could not see the wall clock in the sitting room but I could hear it ticking.
Behold! It was twelve mid-night! What! Was this some prank or what? I stomped into my room and then I realized that the wall clock in my room was not ticking and the light in my room was from the lamp post in our neighbour’s compound. What a day! I jumped back into my bed, removing only my shirt, and slept like a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment