Friday 5 June 2015

Guest Post: Tari's golden fleece

Tgif!!!. It's really breezy today that all I feel like doing is sleep and sleep..... Ehn, I'm not that lazy- I actually spent most of the day on the farm, yes ooo farm. Don't ask me what I was doing there.

Ok ok, onto the matter. Sometime in January while traveling back to my serving point after the Xmas break, I met this beautiful young lady on the bus. We got talking, I mean who doesn't make at least one friend on a long boring trip. She attended my school which made the gist flow really well. She sent me an excerpt from her book some days ago and I enjoyed it, I decided to share it here for your reading pleasure. I hope you have a good read. Lest I forget, one of the character in the book has my name *smiles. Enjoy!!!


"Tari, I learnt your Ma now works with the oil company at Ogbenibi?. Is that true and does that mean someday you would be leaving us in the village for Ogbenibi". 

Tari grinning said "Oh David, it's funny how news flies fast in this village. Well my Ma is working as a cook on one of the big ships there. I don't know which one it is, but she told me it won't be for long."

David had a look on his face that was probing for more information. Then Tari said "about leaving the village, David I don't know but if we should, I would really miss you all, for it has always being my dream to go to the city. You know all that I read in the newspapers and our textbooks, I want to experience them.

David I want to be able to use a toilet that flushes itself". And at that David burst into laughter, so did Tari too. As they laughed Perere came to them. "Why are you two laughing like this?" she asked. David replied "your brother wants to go the city so he can use a toilet that flushes itself".

Perere having found that amusing added "how about a toilet that cleans your buttocks for you and flushes itself". All three laughed hysterically. 

Excerpts from Tari's Golden Fleece by Francisca Okwulehie





















Thanks for stopping by, feel free to leave a comment. For feedback, send email to: tahray01@gmail.com

1 comment: