Friday 5 June 2015

Paddle your canoe while I paddle mine

So after what happened tonight I realized nobody else would be in a better position to tell your story the way it is than your self. I have always being one who seems to treat other people's issues like they were mine.

Talking about been tagged Everybody's Warrior, fighting others battles and getting them out of "not so nice" situations. But like tonight I discover that when tables turn and its my own battle I'm left to fight it all by myself. 

For instance my colleagues and I go to charge our phones in the community and the place we happen to charge our phones is the house of one of our students. While trying to give the youngster our phones he makes a comment in his native dialect ijaw that implies he doesn't want this Aunty that is strict to charge her phone at his house. I did deduce that he had said something about me or perhaps was it my emotions at play?.

Whatever it was I had taken offense at the rudeness of the young boy and the reaction of my colleagues who chuckled when the comment was made.

I took my phones back and made up my mind not to charge my phone there. One of my colleagues came to ask me "Oge won't you charge your phones? And I said "no". Now I ask was it that these people failed to see through that I was upset about WA's that had made me decide I wasn't going to charge my phones. Which they knew was unlike me.

I knew if the reverse was the case, I would have cautioned the young chap not to act that way again and would have implored my colleague as to know what was wrong and convince him/her to charge their phone. Anyway, another lesson has been learnt "paddle your canoe, make I paddle my canoe".
Tonight's experience is a clear case of stop drinking other people's panadol for their headache when they wouldn't even bother to go to the pharmacy to get panadol if it was you.


By Francisca Okwulehie








Thanks for stopping by, feel free to leave a comment. For feedback, send email to: tahray01@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment