Monday 26 January 2015

Harmattan or Winter???

Photo credit: Google Image(s)
Growing up as a child, I’ve always been told there are two seasons in Nigeria: rainy and dry seasons. The times for these seasons are hardly predictable cos you cannot confidently fix a date for an event for fear of the rain ruining the day.

These past days have been unconventional as I can’t remember suffering from the over bearing effects of past harmattan seasons. Yet they say there are just two seasons, hmmmn. I feel the geography curriculum in schools should be amended to include Harmattan or should I say North-East trade wind as the third season in this country.

Now it’s all gone in grand style with a special rain feature two nights ago. No more early morning shivers, extra-sleep, warm-water bathe, bogus sleep paraphernalia (sweater, jean, socks, cover cloth).

Slowly and patiently I await the remaining seasons. Though I hope the rains do not swallow up our houses and the sun doesn’t drain our bloods.



Cheers to y’all as you enjoy our versions of autumn, spring and summer *smiles

No comments:

Post a Comment