Friday 31 October 2014

WHO TOOK MY SALARY?





The end of the month is a happy time for workers (mostly salary earners). It’s the time when you remember you need a new dress or shoe or whatever it is you’ve been eyeing at that boutique or supermarket down the road.

For most people, the salary in question is barely enough but wetin man pikin go do
(What will man’s child do). I am in my early twenties, and there are lots of things people in that age range do with their money. Be it paying for your phone subscription, visiting the salon to change that hairstyle you’ve had on for so long, fixing the screen of your phone that broke during the course of the month…

Currently doing my NYSC, we all know how much we are been paid (minimum wage + #1,800). Oh boy, it seems so much but is it enough for a human being to survive in these times? (Am not asking you though). As I was saying, I was posted to a school and resumption time for all workers there is 7:30am; and anybody that gets there after the set time will have #100 deducted from their salary that day. Hmmmn, am not known for late coming but it’s only once during the month I got to school before 7:30 and that was ‘cos I got a free-ride halfway quarter way. You can imagine how much my take home pay will be…. Lol

The month has ended, though am not promising to get to that school early, but I will try come next month. Happy mid-term to me, at least I get to sleep and wake up when I want.


No comments:

Post a Comment